June 04, 2020 10:51 PM

Chandigarh  (Face2News) 

PML SD Business School, Sector 32, Chandigarh organized a webinar on ‘Impact of Covid-19 on the Indian Economy’ today for the proposed PGDM and existing students as well as Faculty of all its Colleges – including SD College, Chandigarh and its three colleges in Punjab. 

Dr Charan Singh, CEO and Director, EGROW Foundation, a renowned economist and academician, who is also Chairman of the state owned Punjab & Sind Bank was the key speaker. 

Dr. Singh flayed all the fears of a long term impact of COVID-19 on Indian Economy stating that Indian Economy has lot of resilience and Indians, by nature, have a tendency to bounce back in the shortest possible time. As per Dr. Singh, India shall be in a position to recover and recoup much faster as compared to other economies; because of lot of survival instinct amongst Indians and the extra hours every Indian is capable of putting in. 

He said, even during the lockdown period also, 40% of India was working including Police, Military, Hospitals, Banks, insurance companies and other essential services. And out of remaining 60% also, many were working from home. Of course, Industry, hotels and other commercial establishments were closed; but the loss of this 3 months period, should not substantially impact the overall economy of the country in so severe way, the way it is being projected by some of the international agencies. 

Others penalists for this webinar were – Mr. Upkar Krishan Sharma, President of the Governing Board, Dr. SC Vaidya, former Chairman – UBS and former Dean UI, Panjab University, Chandigarh and also Dr KL Dhingra, Director of PML SD Business School. The webinar got participation of more than 400 students and Faculty members. 

PML SD Business School has been set up as an autonomous Institution by the Management of SD College, Chandigarh, a reputed Educational Institution, which has been in existence for the last more than 46 years and has created a niche and strong Brand equity. PML SD Business School is starting its first batch of AICTE approved 2 years PGDM Course this year

Have something to say? Post your comment
Copyright © 2017, Face 2 News, All rights reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Disclaimers